Val'Dariah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy based original RPG forum for advanced role players.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Authorities

Trick’o’Treat

29 October - is a special day. This year
 two infamous
vampires and a demon shall
grant the traveling Goth Fair for the
people of Demigora. Many gothic people,
furtune tellers, aura readers and other
esoteric fun shall strike you from behind.
Also the owners promissed many fun games,
lots of good music and awsome prizes for
the best mask.So come, don't miss the fun.

Live Chat

An ongoing mission

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

An ongoing mission - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 1:08 pm

Shaking his head, he put back the stick and looked to Tah'lyia. "I'm sorry. He is right, I should have asked. I'm just use to doing such things without thinking. I didn't mean to be rude."

Placing the cards back into his cloak, he smirked a bit. Sky was a charmer, but there was something different about him. He was actually being reserved. He'd known him for a few years now, and never once had he seen him act so reserved. He was a natural flirt, even if it never went anywhere.

"Yeah, I was at Oblivion. Ran into a female and male couple that was rather interesting. They weren't from Demigora. And the male was a demon in disguise. I tried to be friendly, but they were quite rude." He shrugged slightly. "And what do you mean I left just in time?"

He looked at Tah'lyia, frowning slightly. "Maybe I am here for a reason? Bandits maybe? Or a ferrel dragon?" He looked about. "I'm glad you're here, if that is the case, Sky. If there is a ferrel creature around here, I'm glad I showed up to assist Tah'lyia. But I don't have the cards for something too powerful."
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 1:55 pm

She gave a half hearted nod to the new comer, and just kept to herself while the two friends went about their conversation. She never really moved, or attempted to join in the conversation. It wasn't her friends that were talking, so she had nothing really to say. Watching Dax put the cards away, she figured she wasn't going to be learning a game tonight. Then again, these two would probably be on their way together in the morning. Which was fine to her. She had spent so many years alone, what is another couple of years. As Dax mentioned possible danger, she lifted her head just slightly. She should be so lucky that something dangerous happened. No, she would have heard if there was a dragon, or other creature causing havoc in these oh so quiet woods. No, this young and innocent looking elf hardly needed help, but then again, she would let them think that she was helpless. It was a fun game for her to play, although, her tough and hardened nature made it difficult for her to play her part for too long. Either way, she let them go about their conversation, her eyes just gazing into the fire and her mind drifting off to happier times, friendlier times.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:08 pm

He chuckled, summoning Dax's cards to sit before himself, his hands reaching into the fire to warm them up properly. "It is just that a hurricane is getting close to Val'Dariah. Nothing special, since they are use to having them strike once ever few months. But I know how you hate getting wet and blown away."

Turning to Tah'lyia, he pulled his hand out of the fire and picked up the cards. "Do you play?" He pulled his other hand out of the fire and began to shuffle. "You had these out for a reason, so I believe you two were going to play. How about a game of seven card hi/low? I got a few silver coins stashed in this cloak. I haven't played in some time, but it is good to keep fresh." He turned to Dax. "And don't worry, I shall not use my second sight to look at everyone's cards. This is a friendly game, after all, and I need not the money."

He began passing out the first two down cards before putting the deck down before him. He sat back, holding up his cards. Nothing special.

"Your bet, my lady...uh...you know, I didn't catch your name," he said, looking over at her with bright green eyes.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:28 pm

"Uh, Sky," he spoke softly, feeling that his cards had just vanished from his cloak pocket. He had summoned the wrong ones! Those were his fighting cards, not the playing cards in his other pocket. "Wait, Sky..."

He blinked, looking from his cards back to Sky then over to Tah'lyia. He shook his head slightly, sitting back. They could play cards with these, but not seven card hi/low. Maybe Da'johm or Klickuk, but not anything involving poker.

"Sky," he spoke again, "these aren't the right cards. These are my special cards." He took a deep breath. "And I forgot to introduce you both. I'm so sorry. Tah'liah, this is Skyler. But everyone he knows, from his enemies to his friends, call him Sky," he spoke in a mock voice of Skylers, teasing his friend a bit. "Sky, this is..."
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:36 pm

She held up a hand to Dax with a small look on her face. "Actually, it's Tah'lyia.. slight difference in pronunciation.. elven words sometimes are hard to pronounce." She nodded over to Sky with a slight smile, "Lord Skyler." She gave a slight nod his way, but then looked back over to Dax. "Actually this man was about to teach me a game of chance that one plays with cards. But, seeing as how you two already know how to play, it would make sense to allow you too to play and I'll just keep watch and learn by observing. Besides, as like you, I haven't the money to bet many times, let alone lose." She squirmed down in her seat a bit more and folded her arms over her chest. She knew she could learn just as easily, by watching, then by playing. The only reason she had requested that Dax teach her, was to give them a way to talk. Now that Dax had someone to talk to, there was no point for her to talk. Pulled a small skin bag from her pack and opened it. She took a deep drink of the water inside, before looking back to the men. No one seemed to want to eat the rabbit she had set out, so she leaned forward and picked at it herself.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 3:22 pm

Smiling at Tah'lyia, vanishing the wrong cards and summoning the right ones, he nodded to her. "I thought as much. And from your complection, I'd have to say one of the moon tribes here on Greater. To the east, in the Bal'atan Steppes? Or more southern, in the Clortia Marshes?"

He began to distribute the cards to himself and Dax, knowing his old friend wouldn't pass up a chance to bet with silver. If he had any, that was. "And if you do wish to watch, we can teach you at the same time. Though, Dax is the better teacher, so I'll let him do all the talking. If you don't mind?"

He finished setting down the two down cards, waiting for Dax to look at his. "I do believe I missed your story. You two were getting to know one another before I showed up?" He smiled, not paying any attention to Dax. "If you wouldn't mind, I would enjoy hearing why you're so far from home."
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 3:30 pm

"Now how am I to teach her to play if you keep asking her questions?" He placed two silver coins the size of buttons before him, not bothering to look at his cards. "These are your first two cards. They are face down so that only you can see them, right Sky." He took a long hard look at Sky, making sure he wasn't going to use his powers to look upon his cards. "The next card," which he watched Sky hand over face up before giving one to himself, "Is the first card to be seen. Here is where the game gets interesting. You want to have the best five cards out of seven. The first two no one sees. The next four everyone gets to see, in order to judge and bet on who has the better hand, or who can bluff the better hand. A bluff is a strategy in which you know you have nothing, but you bet like you have something." He placed three more coins before him, watching Skyler follow suit. The next card came out, in which it had the same symbol and was the next number after. "Ah, here we go. Thank you Sky."
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 3:45 pm

She just watched Sky without much hint that she was going to answer his many questions. Looking back to Dax, she nodded, following along, although she had to admit there was more to it than she had originally thought. Her eyes looked over the cards, then stole a glance to how much money they were putting down. As they went about their game, Tah'lyia finally answered. "I am from the Moonlit Woods. It is actually a great distance I have covered since leaving home. Dax here was just telling me where Val'Dariah is, as I am looking for someone, and I thought that would be the best place to check next." Clearing her throat, she pulled a bit more meat off the roasted rabbit. She wasn't hungry, but the sauce on this tasted too good. Leaning back against the log, she watched a bit more. Not exactly alot goes into this game,but it was all chance, there was no control of it at all. Hence the bluffing. She nodded a bit to herself. One wants to trick the other to thinking that they have no chance of winning. It made a bit more sense to her now.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 4:12 pm

"The Bal'atan Steppes it is," he said, smiling over to her. He had to admit, the sauce she had put on the meat was smelling rather nicely. He watched Dax take a few peices, reaching around the fire to get some so as to not burn himself.

He continued to the fourth face card. Dax had actually gotten the four cards he needed to have a possible straight flush. He was half tempted to check his cards, but he wasn't a cheat. This was just a friendly bet.

"This game is alot more fun with more people. More strategy then you'd believe. Especially the way he bets." He placed his bet down, watching Dax not hesitate to match it. "Of course, if he had the straight flush, he would have raised the bet. But he didn't, so I know he doesn't have it."

He grinned, dealing the last card face down. He put the cards down and checked his own by running his hand over the top of them, getting a clear picture within his mind of what he had. Not bad. Full house. It was a good hand to have, especially when it looked like he had nothing to begin with. Aces over sixes. Now if only Dax would bet to show he didn't have his straight flush.

"I'm gonna bet you a platinum coin, old friend," he spoke confidently, bringing out a large platinum coin and placing it upon his silver pile.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 4:25 pm

"And in truth, I enjoy a good game between two or three others. Makes the bluffing that much more fun." He smiled, placing his bets as they went. Finally the last card came and he watched as Skyler bet way more then he had in his possession. He didn't even bother looking at his card.

"Something tells me that, by looking at Skyler's hand, he either has the lowest possible way to beat me," he looked to Tah'lyia," which would be an ace high. That would be the card with the A," he pointed to Sky's ace. "Or, he might have the next best, with a pair. But he wouldn't bet so big if he had only a pair. So maybe two pair? We can only use five of the seven cards. Perhaps, looking at his cards there, he might have a small straight. But I doubt that. He sees my possible straight flush, which is the second highest hand to have."

He took out the bag of gold and tossed it onto the pile of silver. "That should cover it. But I wanna make this interesting. I double it. I don't have it now, but you know I'm good for it."

Looking back at Tah'lyia, smiling, he nodded to her. "Then again, he could have three of a kind. Or four of a kind, but I know he doesn't. I have the other ace," he said, flipping over his first turned card. "So that is out. Maybe a full house? That is above the possible flush he could be hiding, but I doubt it. And I know he doesn't have a royal flush."

He watched Sky place a second platinum coin upon his own pile. This caused him to smile. "You believe me to be bluffing for the straight flush. I didn't need this card," he said, showing the last face down card. "And yes, I did beat your full house," he said, flipping over the turned over card, showing he did indeed have a straight flush.

"That is how you play the game," he said, pocketing the large sum of money he had just won.
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:05 pm

She watched the game unfold with little expressio. Nodding softly, she acknowledged Dax's win. Interesting, but it was not so much a game of skill, just of deceit and luck of the draw. Oh well, it seemed entertaining enough. Looking up to the sky, she stretched deeply and snuggled down further into her sleeping bag. Rolling over onto her side, she closed her eyes and steadied her breathing. Her eyes were burning from having spent the last two days straight, just walking. She hadn't been able to find a clean water source in so long, she wasn't going to rest till she found one. Finally she came upon this place, and once she was aware of the small creek running past, she made camp. Now those two days were catching up with her. Her breathing so slow and deep, but she wasn't yet asleep. She probably wasn't going to get much sleep with two strange men hanging out in her camp, but that was the least of her worries. As she started to nod off, she reached back behind her, grabbing her dagger. Just i case. Curling back up, she let herself relax again.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:27 pm

"It seems our game isn't that interesting to our fire owner," spoke Sky softly, not worrying about losing his money. He was a prince, after all, and he was back home. He could go to his safe back home and get more if he really needed too. "Good win. What you gonna do with your winnings?"

Watching Tah'lyia snuggle down for the night, he silently placed a barrier around them so that no one would notice them, be they man or beast. He could tell by how she just turned away that she was indeed tired. She had picked a great location. Close to the woods, near the hidden trails, and by a water source. How long had she been away?

"Actually, I was wondering if you wanted to go back to Val'Dariah? I have some business there with an old contact. I think I might have found the trail my father set when he was younger." He smiled, sitting back a bit. He wasn't worried about her having her dagger close at hand. "I am getting closer and closer into bringing my father down a peg. He's crimes will be accounted for. I just wish I hadn't left my friend the way I did."

Sighing slightly, he looked to the sky. "Byblis. You have freed me. I shall return the favor." He looked to Dax. "I need to get to the library in Val'Dariah. But we should wait until the morning, giving the hurricane some time to pass." He looked to Tah'lyia's direction. "Maybe she can get the answers she needs there? Information is easily bought and sold there. She could find out who did what they did to her home?"
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:48 pm

He left out a few silver coins and silently placed them near her bag. He didn't want to disturb her. He took a deep breath, sitting back down and leaning back. "Well, I don't mind going back to Val'Dariah. I didn't really mean to leave. I was just at Oblivion enjoying my luck. Then I met the two individuals I told you about. But then..." He shrugged slightly.

Taking a small breath, placing the cards back into his pocket, since there was no way they were going to play any more. He did have plans for his winnings. "As for the money...I do have to keep the bounty hunters off my ass, whenever they want to capture me. That damn lord's family. They have deep pockets, Sky. If I didn't have such pride, I would have asked you to do something about it." He held up his hand. "But I do have pride, so I will clear my name. I know how much your father hates the elvin people. And I know you are not him. But I don't need the Stone Kingdom to go to war for me. No matter how much I like you."

He grabbed his flute and knowing he wasn't going to disturb either, began to blow into the instriment and play a soft melody. It helped him relax, and he knew that Sky wasn't going to mind. As for Tah'lyiah...well...he just hoped she would relax a bit more. Being around two men she knew nothing about probably wasn't easy. But both of them were honorable men. They'd gladly show her.
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:56 pm

She didn't sleep long, since at the first glance of light, she sat up and stretched. Didn't take much to wake her up. Pushing the bag away from her legs, she stood and stretched again. Looking around a moment, she picked up a cup from her bag and headed over to the creek. Gathering up some water, she washed off the necessary parts and rinsed out her mouth. She stretched a bit, then looked around before heading back to her camp. Gathering up her things, she was rather quiet, but then again, she wasn't really concerned with the men or their sleep. Looking over to the half eaten rabbit, she picked it up and tossed it into the woods for something else to eat it. Pulling the last two rabbits she had, she tied them to her pack before she lifted it up. Rolling up her bag, she tied it off to the pack before sitting down on the log and waiting. She watched the sky grow brighter and brighter. The last bit of darkness was brushing over them. There was now a deep blue coming to the sky. The bright orange sunrise was behind her, and she could already feel the warmth of the sun on her bare back. It was so nice here, but she really needed to get back to her woods. She was already being effected by the sunlight. Her hair, which once was a silvery grey color is slowly growing golden. Her eyes which were as blue as the brightest star, were slowly turning into a deep blue, like the night when it's chased away by the sun.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:08 pm

Dax's melody washed over him, calming his powers more then anything else he could do. Dax didn't play long, for his friend had soon fallen asleep thanks to his own playing. Seeing how he wasn't tired, he stayed up and kept the fire going. He wasn't hungry, so he left the half eaten rabbit alone. She hadn't offered him any to begin with, so why bother eating it? He was sure she'd do something with it.

All that night he kept watch, spotting a few night wolves pass by, their noses leading their way to the smell of the rabbit. But they never penetrated the shield. Not that they were dangerous.

At long last the horizon to the west began to lighten up, signalling that the night was soon to end. He didn't mind. Most of his days and nights were spent in silence. He enjoyed watching the sun rises and sun sets. They were so beautiful.

He watched as Tah'lyia stirred, then got up. He sat still, as if he was sleeping in the possition he had stayed in the entire night. Since his exoskeleton armor wasn't up, he didn't have to worry about it fusing up on him, so he was able to stay still all night. He smiled at her after she threw the rabbit away into the woods. Someone was going to have a good breakfast.

Summoning a few cups of hot chocolate, he held out a cup for her. "If you are thirsty, and require some warmth...?"
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:17 pm

He hadn't been tired, but for some reason his flute play always made him sleepy. He should have gotten the history of the flute he won all those years ago. Only after a few songs was it that he fell into a peaceful sleep.

No dreams ever came when he feel asleep to the flute. He was at a complete peace, the warmth of the fire, and the knowledge that Sky wouldn't let anything happen to them, kept him deep in slumber. So deep that it took for Sky's words to actually bring him out of it.

Slowly opening his eyes, he began to feel the slow warmth of the rising sun. As he rubbed the sleep from his eyes, he caught sight of the cup of hot chocolate. He smirked slightly, reaching for it and drinking slow and deep, warming up even more. How Sky got the best hot chocolate in all of Demigora was a complete mistery.

After finishing the cup, he slowly rose to his knees and began to pray to the rising sun. He felt bad, since he didn't get to pray to the setting sun, thanks to the teleport spell. He bowed his head to the ground, praying for the warmth, light, and protection offered from the sun.

"Peace be the light, showing the way into the darkness. Mind at ease, body healed from the night's resting. May your bring happiness to those that need it most. In the name of the goddess, I give thanks."
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:23 pm

Looking over to him, she shook her head. "No, thank you." She rubbed her arms a bit before lifting the skin to wrap over her shoulders and up over her head. Her eyes gazed around a moment before she looked back at the sleeping Dax. But as he started to stir, she stood and prepared to move on. Lifting her pack up onto her shoulder, she watched him start to pray. Interesting. Pulling the map from the side of her pack, she looked it over carefully, then turned and pointed herself in the correct direction. Adding a few items to the map, such as the creek and the clearing in which they had rested, she felt confident that this map was going the most helpful thing she could have. Looking back to the men, she watched, waited. She wasn't so rude that she would just walk off and leave them without at least a polite good bye and farewell. As the sun rose higher in the sky, she turned to watch it a moment before she looked back to the two. "Well, thank you for the company and for teaching me that game. It was fun." She reached out, ready to shake their hands. Her mind was already working on the things for the day. She would travel north, that is where Dax said the city was.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:37 pm

Listening to the morning pray, as he had done so many times, a smile would appear upon his lips. He vanished the cup he had offered her and sipped his own. Clearly she was impatient and wanted to leave. Did she want to go it alone? A 'country' girl like her would not enjoy Val'Dariah. Even he had a problem with the size of the city.

He smirked slightly as she was trying to say her farewells. He shook his head, slowly standing up. "If you are planning on going to Val'Dariah to find out what you need, Dax and I would gladly be your company. The city is rather large, even by city standards. I know you are a true warrior, and I believe your pride would tell you otherwise, but it would be mine and Dax's honor if you would let us accompany you?"

He turned to Dax, who was just finishing up his prayer. "What do you say, old friend? You don't mind walking back to the city, even if it is a good seventeen hundred and fifty-seven miles away, do you?"
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:52 pm

It didn't take long for him to finish his prayer. He only prayed the two times, even though he had been taught to pray for everything he did; battle, eating, relaxing, love making, moon rise and set. He'd been too long away from the monistary back on Lesser to be such a strong, true monk.

Jumping to his feet, he looked at both of them, nodding his head. He knew she could handle herself out here, but the city was a different animal. So many dangers that one would never expect. His first time in Val'Dariah almost got him killed, all because he ate at the wrong place.

"If you can handle walking that far, I don't mind. I've gone many miles with these boots of mine." He looked to Tah'lyia, smiling. "Or, if you don't mind us joining you, we could get their sooner so you can find out your information you need so you could get home quicker."

Stretching slightly, "It is the least we could do. After all, one could never have too many friends. We know how to take care of ourselves as well, so you wouldn't have to worry about protecting us from danger."
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:59 pm

She lowered her hand and looked between the two. With a small shrug, she nodded. "Suits me well enough." She gave a small smile before looking around. Pulling her pack down off her shoulder, she watched the two, waiting for them to be ready, if they were coming. Seeing that they weren't very interested in getting cleaned up or washed off, she hoisted her pack to the other shoulder and hoisted it up. "I just need to fill my water bag real quick." She looked between them a moment, then pulled it from her pack and walked back over to the creek. Kneeling there, she filled it up, her ears twitching at all the sounds around her. Once the bag was full, she closed the stopper and hooked it back to her pack. With a grunt, she righted herself back to a standing position. Looking around before heading back to the men, she smirked softly. There were some animals about their business this morning. It was a welcome thing, but it was strange too. Once back at the clearing, she looked between the two of them, then nodded, holding up her hand. "You know the way." She said softly, waiting for them to start heading in the right direction. She would have to remember to stop them from time to time so she could fill out her map, but for now, she was sure this part of her map was finished enough.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:22 pm

Nodding, he waited until Tah'lyia walked back over to the creek before summoning a new cloak for Dax, knowing full well how much he didn't have any stuff with him. He tossed the cloak over to him, shaking his head.

"You should have accepted the shadow cloak I was able to procure. You know how rare they are. You could pack everything in them."

Cracking his neck and back, glad dirt didn't stick to him or his person, he was able to go long periods of time without having to worry about cleaning up. And not having any sweat glands, he never had to worry about smelling bad. Being a prince with power had it's advantages.

He watched her return, smiling at her. "Well, we can reach the next town with the travel hub rather quickly. But, we can go at your pace. It's this way," he said, walking towards the hidden animal trails. Being in the forest, they needed to get to the main road. That was still a few miles of walking through the trees and the rock meadow beyond that hugged the mountains around them.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:37 pm

He took the cloak and switched it with his old one, taking out the few things that were inside. It was the exact same cloak he was switching, which he couldn't help but chuckle about. He shook his head, knowing full well he couldn't control the shadow cloak Sky had offered to him.

He took out a small blue capsul and broke it over his head, allowing the spell to wash over him, cleansing his body of all dirt and oder. He smiled slightly, stretching a bit.

"We will follow Sky, I believe," smirked Dax when Tah'lyia returned, following his friend as he took off towards the near by road. Only Sky would know of such things. He held back with Tah'lyia, wanting to get to know more about her.

"If you don't mind, may I walk with you?" He smiled at her. He had to admit, he did have a thing for elves. "May I ask how many battles you've been in?"
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 9:29 pm

With a huff, she lifted the pack further on her shoulder as she went about following Sky through the brush and trees. Looking over to Dax, she shrugged. "I have lost track actually. Over a hundred years, I've been battling since my early years, probably more than five hundred." She lifted the second strap to take the weight off her left shoulder. Hoisting the pack fully onto her back, she was able to move a bit better. Even with the heavy items on her back, she still moved gently and silently, her feet barely leaving a print. As she traveled along, she would look around to make sure she didn't miss anything that she might have to put on her map. Even though it wasn't apparent, while she walked, she was counting, so she could measure out on her map how large certain areas were. It was hard to keep your mind working on so many different things at once, but she was skilled and used to it. Reaching up to scratch her eyebrow, she glanced around a moment. She noticed that most of the birds in the trees weren't talking, they were just watching them walk by. That was a bit strange, but she thought nothing else of it. Maybe they were just used to people moving through their woods.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:14 pm

He moved so fluid, so quick, that he had to stop a few times to let them keep up. It was never easy to just 'walk' to a place for him, especially since he could use his speed or teleportation skills to get anywhere. But she wanted to add to her map, so he didn't mind waiting, letting Dax chat with her. THe hurricane was just finishing up at Val'Dariah, which meant that if they reached Covan this day, there was a good chance they would get into Val'Dariah before night fell there. He did hate walking around that city at night. So many idiots walking around thinking they could take on someone of his type.

Something didn't feel right. The animals of the forest were being quiet. The only one he could hear was Dax, who was asking a question a step he felt. He really did like elves. Sort of his obsession, ever since he lost his wife. Poor Dax, he though. He knew what it was like to lose a wife, but his died from giving birth. Dax lost his from the hands of another man. His friend had suffered for no reason. This was the main reason why he tried to help him out when he could. Like giving him space with Tah'lyia, even if she wasn't interested in him.

Turning back around, his second sight spread out before him. If there really was something wrong, he wanted to know about it before they came upon it.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:41 pm

He went wide eyed. "Five hundred years?! That's longer then Skyler's been alive!" He looked up to where his friend was so far ahead. He was a good friend, giving them space for them. He could keep up with Skyler, but it would cost him once they stopped anywhere. He didn't have the stamina his friend did. "How many different species have you fought against? I've fought in matches against quite a few, but I have only ever killed one. I don't believe in killing, unless it is nessassary, and I feel that only the goddess can tell me when it is."

He took a deep breath. "Of course she never told me it was okay to kill the man that killed my wife." He smiled slightly, "But I am glad I did, even if I can't return to the monistary until that bounty is off my head. Outlawed on Lesser. I don't know if I should feel ashamed or very proud."

Looking back at her, he did notice how quiet she was. When he was nervous, he knew he tended to talk too much. He had a few nervous ticks. Nothing he could ever really do about it. Of course, being distracted by her, he didn't notice how distracted Sky and her were about the lack of noise in the forest. He was just happy his friend was around, and that Tah'lyia didn't mind him being along with her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

An ongoing mission
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Val'Dariah :: Places, Plains, and Cities :: Spine Mountains-
Jump to: