Val'Dariah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy based original RPG forum for advanced role players.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Authorities

Trick’o’Treat

29 October - is a special day. This year
 two infamous
vampires and a demon shall
grant the traveling Goth Fair for the
people of Demigora. Many gothic people,
furtune tellers, aura readers and other
esoteric fun shall strike you from behind.
Also the owners promissed many fun games,
lots of good music and awsome prizes for
the best mask.So come, don't miss the fun.

Live Chat

An ongoing mission

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

An ongoing mission - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:30 pm

"I appreciate the concern and offer, but trust in me, I do not need looking after." She pulled a bit more meat off the rabbit and stuffed it into her mouth before standing up. She hoisted the pack up onto her shoulder and picked up the half eaten rabbit before smothering the fire. "Let us go before the storm hits." She said, her eyes glancing up to the sky before looking over to him with a faint but polite smile. Standing there, waiting for him to be ready, she picked small amounts of meat from the rabbit and nibbled on them before heading back to the road and walking on. "I know it must seem as though I am unawares of the ways of the world, it is not so. You must realize that I am a member of the royal family and with that burden, we make it a point to know things of the lands and kingdoms around us. I have been to many a city and towns. I know how they work and I do know of money. But since I have no need to stay at the travelers lodgings or to purchase food in the towns, I have no need for money or items of barter." She smiled to him and quirked a brow. "Hence, I do no need looking after. If it would please you to stay in the town and rest at the travelers lodgings, then I can not begrudge you your wishes." She smirked softly before picking up her pace just a bit more. There was a smell on the air that she was a bit concerned about.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:44 pm

He couldn't help but smile at her, standing up as she did. She was a strong woman. And putting him in his place was something he had missed having happen to him. She was a good person for sure. Not being royal, however, made him oblivious to their ways. Even Sky had to tell him otherwise about things of that nature. He couldn't help it. He was just a simple fighter monk, with a bounty upon his head. What would he know of royalty?

"Still, I will try to look after you when we reach Val'Dariah. It is a city thirty miles long, by twenty miles wide in some places. Their maps change almost weekly. I have some aquantences at the monistary in the temple district that I am a monk of. So if we need to rest or eat, we can head there."

He noticed her unease. Though there was a storm coming, he couldn't tell if there was anything unusual about it. He was just a simple human after all.
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Instead of keeping this weird conversation going, she just nodded and decided to let him help, it seemed to make him feel better to try to take care of her or something. Strange. She'll never understand the men of this land. Still pulling some of the meat from the rabbit's bones, she offered him some more before the thing was done. Tossing the remains off to the side from the animals and insects to finish, her mind worked on some notes and ideas for her map. After a moment, she stopped and looked up, sniffing at the air. She wasn't too happy about that, but it was still a few miles away so they still had some time to find shelter. As they walked along, she pulled out her map and added a few notes here and there to the thing before putting it away. Popping her neck and her shoulders a bit, she was getting tired of all this endless walking. Why couldn't the culprits just come to her and say "I did it" so she could just deal with it. After so many years away from her family and friends, she was starting to think she was never going to make it home.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Seeing the storm clouds, he tied his cloak closed. He took the offered rabbit meat and nibbled upon it as they walked. He almost ran into her when she stopped suddenly. He looked over her shoulder, watching her jot down on her map. Maybe he would give her a map when they reached the next town. That way she wouldn't have to worry.

Sighing slightly, he looked around. He pulled out one of his cards and smiled. "Storm Shield," he whispered. Suddenly a bubble appeared around them both.

"We don't have to stop. This shield will keep us dry. Though it won't stop the wind. If you don't mind. I know you are in a hurry to find out who did what to your homelands. I know being away from home is tough." He looked down a bit, remembering what it was like back 'home' in the monistary on Lesser. He just wished he could return some day.
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:28 pm

She shrugged softly, "I am not so worried about the storm, I have been rained upon before. There is just a scent that is carried on the wind that troubles me. It is not something I have smelled before, and it does seem to be following us." She put the thought from her mind for the time being, and focused on just getting to this place that he keeps talking about. Looking at the strange bubble thing that he made, she thought that those cards of his kind of took the fun out of everything in life. Even the water pills that he had. When one makes things too easy for oneself, it takes all the fun out of ones life. Oh well, she thought to herself, it was his life, not hers. As they walked on, she pulled her cloak up tighter and pulled the hood up over her head. Her bow and quiver were handy and ready as she began to feel as though someone was looking at her, watching her. Well, someone other than Dax, that is. Her eyes scanned the forest, trees, bushes, and grass, but she saw nothing. Maybe it was just the scent on the air that had her so uneasy.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:32 pm

He looked at her, wondering what she was talking about. Scent? He couldn't smell anything out of the ordinary, but felt she knew what she was talking about. Vanishing the bubble, for he couldn't use two cards at the same time, he took out his cards and flipped through them. He didn't have a five senses card. He couldn't enhance his smell even if he wanted too. Instead he took out the dire wolf card and summoned it.

The dire wolf appeared next to him, reaching up to his chest. He nodded to the creature and it began to pace between them. If there was something amiss around them, it would find it and bring it out.

"Don't worry, I am in control of him," he spoke, feeling the rain starting to come down upon them.
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Looking up at the sky, she was surprised it was raining. The storm was still a few hours out. With a shrug, she dismissed it, figuring this was just the outskirts of the storm. Looking back to him, then to his wolf, she gave another small shrug. "I am not worried." It was true, Tah'lyia didn't worry about much, and if she did, it was brief, since not much ruffled her feathers, so to speak. She continued on her way as she gave a casual glance to the wolf every now and then, wondering what the things purpose was. Pulling the water pouch from her pack, she took a small sip then held it open as to try and catch some of the rain water in it. It was always nice to catch rain water, it had such a different taste than river water. It tasted healthier, or more flavorful. With a flick of her head, her hood came down further to protect her face from the rain, it wasn't pleasant to try and see with water splashing in ones eyes. Looking over to Dax, she chuckled. "Guess there is no need for a bath once we get into town, now."
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:11 pm

Not that he was trying to impress her, but it seemed that everything he did, she either didn't care, wasn't impressed, or just dimissed it as being something blah. It was rather frustrating. Nothing he did seemed to perk her interest, other then the cards. But he was more then that. And now with her dimissing the dire wolf as nothing more then just, whatever she thought it was, well...was the final straw. Now he understood why Sky left so easily. He wasn't going to waist his time on a female that wasn't going to show any interest what so ever. Maybe he should just stop trying to impress her and just journey with her until they reach Val'Dariah. That would probably be best.

"Wolf, hide," he spoke, watching the dire wolf turn chameleon upon his command. It was just a summoned creature, so was basically a solid illusion.

Lowering his hood, not wanting to get the light drizzle in his eyes, he just shrugged. "Guess not."

He took out the water tablet and placed it back into his mouth. They still had alot of ground to cover before reaching the next town.
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 12:32 am

She watched as the wolf creature turned invisible, sort of, to her eyes. Interesting. Looking around again, she inhaled deeply. "Love the scent of rain. Of land and air washed clean by the tears of the gods." Inhaling again, she sighed deeply. It was so relaxing and soft. If only she was home. It was her favorite thing to strip down and let herself be washed by the rain. Often she would lay in the grass and enjoy the patter of the water falling on her. Suddenly she jumped out of her day dream as a flash of lightning bounced through the sky. "Hello!" She said sharply as she tried hard to hide her surprise and shock. With a chuckle, she reaches up to shake some of the water droplets off of her hood before looking over to him. "This is going to be most interesting." She said with another chuckle before covering her pack with her cloak in order to keep it dry from the rain. "You have a time estimate of when we'll get to Val'Dariah? More than an hour? I hope not." She said, glancing over to the sky as the faint rumble of thunder caught up to them.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 1:43 pm

He watched the storm in silence. The flash of lightning was to be expected, mainly cause of his senses being perked. Why she had jumped though was a bit interesting. But he said nothing. It was nice to be out in the rain, but the lightning was going to be a big problem. They were still two hours out from the next town. Unless she didn't mind picking up the pace, there was no way they were going to reach Val'Dariah in under an hour.

"Only way we reach the city is by running through this storm to get to the next town. But I don't plan on running through an electrical storm. I don't have a shield card for natural lightning. And I don't feel like roasting upon the open road."

Sighing slightly, he looked around, "Maybe shelter is the best option."
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:11 pm

The loud noises of thunder crashing overhead was almost intolerable. Her ears were too sensitive to loud noises. Why didn't she remember some ear plugs. Oh well, she would be able to suffer through it a little while longer. Looking over to Dax, she thought a moment then smiled to him. "Good idea.... but you are the one that knows this area, where would you think camping is best?" She reached up to wipe some water from her arm before she pulled her cloak over, so that the fur was against her body and the skin was shielding her from the rain. Pulling her pack under the skin, she hoped to keep her items as dry as possible. Looking back to Dax, she smiled again, waiting for an answer. As the thunder crashed overhead, again, she tensed up and held back the groan of pain that rose up in her throat. This was going to be most...... trying. Still, at least she had someone to talk to so that made it a lot more bareable. "So, Dax... the wolf creature.... is it like a real wolf, or more of an apparition? It is quite the sight and its very handsome indeed, but would other wolves be drawn to it's scent or...." She would let him finish since it was his creature. With a smile, she wiped some more water from her forehead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

An ongoing mission
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Val'Dariah :: Places, Plains, and Cities :: Spine Mountains-
Jump to: