Val'Dariah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy based original RPG forum for advanced role players.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Authorities

Trick’o’Treat

29 October - is a special day. This year
 two infamous
vampires and a demon shall
grant the traveling Goth Fair for the
people of Demigora. Many gothic people,
furtune tellers, aura readers and other
esoteric fun shall strike you from behind.
Also the owners promissed many fun games,
lots of good music and awsome prizes for
the best mask.So come, don't miss the fun.

Live Chat

An ongoing mission

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

An ongoing mission - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:50 pm

She smiled at Dax's surprise, but her mind was also on a million other things. Noticing that Sky too was aware of the quiet, she was glad it wasn't just her that was disturbed by the silence. Looking over to Dax, she gave a small shrug. "The man killed your wife, he shouldn't be allowed to live, even if it is against the rules of nature and of your goddess. Sometimes we have to make our own fate and our own decisions about who will live and who will not. If the man had been allowed to live, he might have killed someone else's love, and that could have set the person to such rage that they could have gone on a killing spree that could have resulted in many more lives lost. You never can know, but you do know that he will not kill another. You might have saved countless lives." As for the question about how many different creatures she had fought against, she shook her head. "Our battles were usually against this different race of elves that seemed blood hungry against my kind. They were kin, but they were not peaceful or to be reasoned with. They would come to kill our young so that our kind would die off. Other than that, there weren't many who challenged us. We are solitary in our woods, and no one else seems bothered by our presence so we had no reason to fight with them." Looking around, she pulled the map out, added a few notes here and there, a few arrows, then tucked it back away beforel looking over to Dax. "How long has it been since the loss of your wife?"
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:02 pm

Tah'lyia's words couldn't have rung more true if the gods and goddesses themselves appeared and spoke them. He didn't have Dax's resolve, having killed countless of enemies. He never told Dax about his first fifty years, when he had ended up having a body kill count of just innocent lives in the millions. He was no where near as destructive as his father, his numbers reaching into the trillions by now. He knew this, for he had his clones count the many paintings his father had. Such a way to remember those one killed he always thought. Paint the first moment you see of the person you kill. It was rather creepy, to be honest.

His second sight was showing nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe the animals could sense him for what he half was? He was more connected to the world thanks to Byblis's unknowing showing 'spell' she connected with to her forest. Demigora knew how bad the demon horde was, having almost burned completely to ash thanks to them. So it knew how bad a demon was within it's presence. He shook his head, smiling slightly. "They are cautious of me," he spoke softly. "I don't mind. My kin don't deserve trust. And neither do I. You know my crimes. And I am sorry."
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:10 pm

Listening to her, he couldn't help but be drawn to her more. She was wise, like most of her kind. She was a warrior, proud, intelligent. What was there not to like and admire about? Humans lived too short a life to become so one with themselves. He would live at best two hundred years, if he was lucky.

"My wife has been gone now for four years," he spoke softly, looking down. "She was a Blood Elf of the Cresent Blood Elves. She was a natural fighter. She loved battle." He chuckled slightly. "After she fought me, and lost for the first time, she swore she'd gut me before the crowd. Didn't matter it was just a spar between us. I was so scared of her. But she confessed to me later, in private, that she had been waiting to find an equal or better to admire." He looked back up at her. "I was only seventeen, and had only been fighting for two years, but only in spars. She was so skilled, I was shocked I beat her."

Taking a deep breath, he smiled at her. "I'm sure there have been other warriors that have caught your eye? Or have you been so focused on your call, that you have never thought to look for a mate?"

He knew this was a personal question, but he couldn't help but ask her. How else to get to know someone then to ask such personal questions?
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:19 pm

Thinking a moment, she gave a small shrug. "Well, I don't think the other warriors look at me like a possible mate. Also since my blood line is royalty, I think they are scared of my brother beheading anyone that would ask to court me." She said with a smirk and half a chuckle. "Also, I care for my home and my people, and because of that concern, I put away my own personal pursuits and focus on my duty. I am sure that if I stopped to look, there would many people out there that would catch my eye. I am not going to choose only the biggest, strongest or most skilled with a blade. Those things don't interest me, as I am already capable of those. But someone who is intelligent, loyal, trusthworthy, and has a good strong sense of self, that is more important than whether or not he can wield a sword." She looked at him a moment, then back to the man infront. "You say they are cautious of you... should I be as well? How do you know they react to you?" This was intriguing. Even as familiar as she was with the creatures of nature and how closely she lived in harmony with them, she had never been able to tell when they were aware of her presence. Pulling the skin bag from her pack, she took a small sip, then handed it over to Dax to offer him some water. Hoisting the pack up on her shoulders a bit more, she had to adjust the long piece of fur over her shoulders. Since her shoulders were bare, the last thing she needed was for her pack's straps to leave marks or cuts on her soft pale skin. Looking around a moment, she reaches up, pushing the hood back so she could see around better.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:34 pm

She was indeed a royal, this he could tell for sure. Some of his family members spoke like she did about such things. Duty, charge, the people. It was spot on for a royal member, even for one not wanting to be upon the throne. Some royals were taught to respect the people, for they needed them as much as their people needed the royal members. Some things were just universal.

He looked over his shoulder at her, his hood hiding half of his face. "You can be cautious of me all you like. In a sick way, I would perfer that. But if you ask Dax, I am not one to be worried about. I'm a true gentleman." Shaking his head, looking forward. "They sense me easier cause of my connection to the world. I'm half fire demon, by blood." He looked back over to her, "I have a true demon form, though I am half human and keep this form. If I wanted, I could be in a demonic form. Harder to get around," he said smirking slightly, "but no one would be able to stop me if I did."

He continued along the hidden path, worried that the forest might attack him if he did continue without reasuring it that he meant no harm. The world had a way to deal with lone demons. He had hidden himself quite well throughout his life...until now.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:47 pm

A smile appeared upon his face. So he had a chance? If she allowed herself that is. But he could be patient. He would gladly show her that he was like that which she saught.

Upon Skyler's words, he nodded. "It is true. He may be half demon, but he is a true gentleman and friend. If not a bit scary with how natural his powers are." He chuckled, finally noticing how quiet the world was around them.

"I don't know what they are so worried about? You wouldn't hurt a fly. Not without being provoked that is."

He looked back to Tah'lyia, smiling again. "And I'd protect you if need be."
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:58 pm

She took a side glance over to Dax as he promised to protect her. She had wanted to say that she hardly needed protecting, but with the excitement, amusement and happiness on Dax's face, she only just smiled and nodded. "Thank you... for the offer of protection." It was strange for her to be offered protection, but she thought about it, and knew that men, of all manner of creatures, felt more like men when they had a lady to protect. Normally she would fight and contest this, but for now, she just let him have the enjoyment. Looking back to Sky, she had thought of a few things to say, but, again, it seemed like he wanted to be impressive and scary, and even though he hardly was in her eyes, she would just nod again. These men were strange to her, but she thought it must be the custom here to out-do the opponent in strength, size and fear. It didn't matter, she was hardly scared or intimidated by either. She had to admit though, it was nice to have company after so long of being alone. Dax seemed friendly enough, and Sky was interesting. Still holding out the water skin to Dax, she was starting to think he was oblivious to her offer of water to drink. With that, she took it back, handing it out to Sky. "Lord Skyler.. do you wish for some water?"
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:54 pm

He held up his hand, shaking his head. "No thank you. I have my own store of liquids that I drink. It is rare that I drink water, and Dax can't drink water until after the noon day sun. Some sort of ritual day tradition." He smiled at her and turned back around. "And I must say, I am surprised by you, Lady Tah'lyia. Most people from any continent would be scared out of their mind knowing they were in the company of someone that had demon blood, what with the constant fear of the demon horde rising up and sweeping over the lands." He shook his head. "I just want to have a normal life. Sadly, being a prince, and part fire demon, that isn't something I will be able to have willingly." He looked back over his shoulder, "But, it is nice to have friends, like Dax, and hopefully yourself, to keep me grounded."

He summoned a small cup of his Hydra Tear Tea and took a sip from it, keeping focus of the trail. The silence was almost too creepy, even for the likes of him. But as he focused his energy to display that more of a human, and less of the demon, the world around them began to relax.

"They really don't care for the demon kind," he spoke softly to himself.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:00 pm

He bowed his head to her slightly. In all of his excitement he forgot to even notice that she had offered him water. He would have politely declined, but he was just so distracted by her. He shook his head, taking a deep breath. "I'm sorry Tah'lyia. I should pay more attention. Sky is right, I don't drink water until after the noon day sun. But it isn't a tradition. It is the rite of purification. After waking, one must pray, then fast until noon, before taking a sip of pure water. Then the day is allowed to start. I don't know why I hold on to such silly traditions. But they are what make me who I am." He smiled weakly to her.

He looked down, keeping his eyes away. What was making him act like this? She just just someone he had ran into. Was he so lonely that he would take a chance at courting a lone traveling female on quest? How selfish and desperate was he becoming?

"I am sorry for my behavior," he finally spoke after awhile. "I am not normally like this. Please, forgive me."
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Tucking the bag of water back into her pack, she looked aroud casually. Hoisting the pack a bit higher on her shoulder, she glances back over to the quiet animals as they went back onto their own things. Nodding a bit to Dax, she gave a weak smile. She wasn't sure what he was apologizing for, but she figured there was something he had done that he wasn't happy about. Popping her neck from side to side, she sighed softly with the pain of the feel, but it felt wonderful to stretch her neck too. As they continued to walk, she just enjoyed the company, not very much for lots of conversations. Actually, she enjoyed listening to them banter back and forth, although sometimes she couldn't tell, but it sounded like Skyler was trying hard to either intimidate her, or impress her. Either way, if he mentioned his royal or demonic status again, she was going to scream or cause herself to go deaf. Other than that though, she enjoyed listening to them joke around with each other and chatter on about past things. It made her miss friendly talks with her brother, her generals and her friends. It felt like home. It was nice.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 1:14 pm

Seeing how Tah'lyia didn't speak much, he desided to just be silent himself and let Dax speak with her. It was nice to be around his friend again. Seeing him flirt with the woman, while trying not to make a fool of himself, was rather nice. He missed such things. He missed many things.

He suddenly stopped. His father was in Val'Dariah. He could feel the massive amount of energy particals bleeding off into the sky, even from so far away. Damn it, his father wasn't suppose to be there. He still needed time.

Taking a deep breath, he continued on, shaking his head and mumbling to himself incoherantly. This was bad. This was very bad.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:07 pm

Sensing that this trip was to be a quiet one, he simple bowed his head towards his friend and smiled. He then looked at Tah'lyia, but before he could say anything, he tripped and fell over a root that had been sticking out. He hit the ground hard, rolled forward with his momentum and popped back up with as much eligance and grace as he could muster. He shook his head, dusting his new cloak off from the dust and dirt.

"Well that was embarassing." He turned to her, "You alright? You didn't get hurt did you?" Wasn't that her line? He couldn't help it. And why did he just trip? He wasn't a clumsy man. He was a good fighter, able to keep his balance with anything. That was just odd.

"Sorry about that. I'm not normally this ackward." He looked down, desiding to stay quiet for the rest of the journey until spoken too.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 1:09 pm

He stopped suddenly. He felt his son. He was upon greater as well. Something must be up. He looked over his shoulder at both of them and smiled slightly, "I'm sorry. Something is up. Half of my family is upon Greater now."

He walked over and handed Dax a small black capsule. "If you need to escape, throw this down and you two will automatically transport to me. I don't want to take away from your journey Tah'lyia. So I will go by myself. I hope to see you two at the city soon."

And with that, he walked into Dax's shadow, vanishing from the spot.

(Sky is now in the city)
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:08 pm

She nodded her farewell to Skyler, and wished him well on his journey. Looking back over to Dax, she smiled and shook her head softly. Taking a quick glance down, she nodded to the root he had just tripped over. "Seems you have an enemy." She said with a small chuckle before she reached over to him and removed a leaf that was stuck to his cloak. She chuckled again faintly before stepping past him and moving on. Now that Skyler was gone, he was her guide, and she could only hope that she knew where he was going. Pulling out her map, she made a few more notes and drew a few lines on it. When she was satisfied with the map, she rolled it up and put it back. Pulling out her water bag, she took a small gulp, then offered him some as well. It wasn't very warm here, but she wasn't freezing either. Still, she got strange chills around her body while she moved through the forest. It was weird here. She wasn't comfortable with it, but she never let it show. As she reached over to scratch at her arm, she let her eyes drift up to the canopy of trees overhead. The air seemed colder. Oh well, it was just the feeling one gets in a strange land. She let the thought pass as she turned her attention back to Dax. "So that was some smooth move you made there. I bet you are handy in a battle."
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:28 pm

Smiling slightly, pocketing the capsule Sky had given him, he nodded to her. In some ways he was glad his friend was gone. That gave him time more to focus on Tah'lyia. She was a strong woman and he liked that very much about her.

He looked down a bit, chuckling, "Yeah, evil roots." Shaking his head slightly he continued down the path towards the road. "I can handle myself in battle. I was trained in the monistary to be able to defend myself. I took that to the arena with me."

Looking around a bit, he took out his divine eye card and pushed his powers into it. He wanted to make sure they were safe to go at any pace. From what he could tell, there was nothing wrong or out of place. "We should be able to reach the next town before night fall. Then we can reach Val'Dariah quicker. Hopefully the storms have ended by then."
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:36 pm

Still holding the bag of water out to him, she cleared her throat before putting it away. It had been a while since morning, but she figured he wasn't interested in eating or drinking. She was however, and she couldn't go on any longer ignoring her stomach's loud and almost painful protests. As she walked along with him, she had already begun to pull the rabbits from her back and one of them was already half way skinned before she stopped and looked around. It was not safe to stop on the roads, but she knew the needed to make some distance before stopping. They had actually walked quite a ways and it felt nice to finally be moving above a snail's pace. It was easier to finish her map that way. Stuffing her knive into it's sheath, she ripped the rabbits pelt off and tied it to her pack. That would make good wraps for her arms or legs. Maybe even for her neck. Anyways, she looked over to him. "Time for lunch." She said rather casually, she wasn't even aware if he noticed how much time had passed since they had started on their way. Either way, she was not accustomed to starving herself half the day, she needed food and energy to keep herself going, and she respected his strange ways, but not to the point of starving.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:52 pm

He didn't want to take from her without having to give back. He had traveled quite a few years himself. He had so much experiance with it being from Lesser, he knew what had to be done. Watching her as he walked, he couldn't help but smile. At long last she stopped. He was use to walking for days without stopping and eating. But things with him were different.

Stopping, he brought out a small blue tablet and put it into his mouth and began to suck upon it. He made sure not to crack the tablet, knowing if he had the water within, a lake full, would come rushing out and into his mouth and body. He had seen what had happened to those that cracked the capsul. It wasn't pretty. As for food...Well, that wasn't exactly hard to come by. One way to waist, yet use your powers was to summon things to eat. Not create, but summon what was around.

"That sounds wonderful, truth be told. I was getting a bit worried. I'm glad we reached the road." He took out the blue capsul and sighed. "I need to get more of these in the next town. This is my last one." He looked up at her. "It is the reason why I haven't been taking your water pouch. I have water capsuls. They hold a lake full of water within. Handy, if not a bit dangerous."
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:51 pm

Looking over to him, she nodded and looked down to the capsule. "I have never seen those before. Interesting." Moving off to the side of the road, she looked around a moment before finding the best place to stop and start up a fire. Looking around again, she caught sight of the small spring running through, so pulled her water bag out and set it aside so she could go fill it up again. As she got the fire started and the rabbit placed on a stick and over it, she stood and set her pack aside. "I'll be right back, Dax." Grabbing her water pouch, she went to the river to fill it up. She was on a bit of a schedule and she wanted to get things done fast. Moving back to the fire, she turned the rabbit over and added another piece of wood to the fire.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:39 pm

Watching her work, he almost felt helpless. But he didn't want to get in her way. Smiling, he sat down next to the fire and decided to watch it so it wouldn't get out of hand. It was nice being on the road finally. The trip to the next town was just what they needed to get too. He did leave without getting proper items for travel.

"Alright, take your time."

He watched over the rabit until she got back. He did wish he had another tablet for her. But he didn't. He'd have to show her where to get them once they reached Val'Dariah.

Smiling at her, he looked about, "It smells good. You must have been traveling for some time now to cook this good?"
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 4:43 pm

Attaching the bag of water back to her pack, she looked over to him. "Not really. It is just really hard to mess up cooking meat. Cook it till it's dark colored, and the inside is no longer pink. Too simple." she flipped the rabbit over and set it over the fire again, before she leaned back against her pack. Pulling the map free, she looked it over, grabbed her pen, made a few marks, then nodded to herself. It was sad for her to look over the map, see the area that indicated her homeland. She missed being home, she missed her men, her soldiers, and her family. Oh well, no use dwelling, she thought to herself before tucking the map away again. Stretching deeply, she pulled off her hood and shawl and stretched out deeply. A few joints in her neck and shoulders popped as she stretched, complaining in their own way about how hard she works her body. She popped her neck again before leaning forward to check on the rabbit over the fire. "So, what are those cards you keep pulling out?" She asked without a glance up to him, her eyes were on the fire, making sure that there wasn't too much smoke and not enough flame. She took a quick glance over to a small twig. Perfect, she thought as she jabbed at the burning logs to get them to split a bit to let out some more heat.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:59 pm

Sitting back, watching her work, his eyes began to wander around the area. It had been some time since he last had a major traveling time. He had come to Val'Dariah almost a full year ago, hoping to get away from the bounty hunters. Sky was a big help, but there was no way he was going to see him upon Divide. Going into demon controlled lands as a human was virtual suicide. And he never seemed to have enough money to use the travel hub to the blood elves that lived upon Divide. Hell, even going to Cresent Icebreak was expensive. Plus, he was a wanted criminal upon Lesser. Going to a pure city like Cresent Icebreak would surely end him in jail, waiting to be exicuted on Lesser.

He looked over at her, smiling slightly. He reached into his pocket in his cloak and pulled out his special set of cards. He held the divine eye up to show her the picture of the blue eye in the center of the elaborately decorated card.

"Divine eye. I usually have these cards on me for when I do battle. I do have some magic ability, but not much. This card allows me to see things using divine magic. I have a spiritual eye and an arcane eye card."

"I'm what is known as a card fighter. I'm good enough that I don't need to use them until towards the end of most fights. I have natural skills as a fighter." He sighed softly, "And yes, unfortunately, I have killed other fighters. I try not to, but sometimes the fights....They do get out of hand. Usually because the other fighters play to the crowd."
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:54 pm

She caught the sadness in his voice when he spoke of killing. "It's unfortunately a necessary evil. In battle, one must live and one must die. It's not the most pleasant of things, but it is life." She leaned forward and tore a small piece of rabbit meat from the bone and looked it over, before popping it into her mouth. She proceeded to cut some meat away from the bone and lean back to eat it as she listened to him explain the cards. She would give small nods, a few "mmhmm"s and occasionally look over at the cards he held up. Although she was interested, at the same time, it was important that they finish eating and get back on the move. Leaning back against her pack, she tore some of the meat into small thin strips before eating it. It was a way to make it seem more than it was, which would help her eat less. Although there was no fear of her getting fat, she still needed to practice rations. As she glanced back over to him, she gestured to the rabbit, as she chew. "Please.." She managed through a mouthful of meat.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 10:10 pm

He was glad she understood. Killing was not nessassary. But that had more to do with his years at the monistary then any true code against killing. Yet there were many times in which he let the other live, even though the crowd wanted blood and death. He simply wouldn't do it.

Smiling softly, he leaned forward and took a chunk of the rabbit meat and bit into it. He had money, the town they were going to would be reached shortly, so they could buy supplies. Supplies...

"Tah'lyia, do you have any travel money? The town we are going to is has a major market place, as is the city that were are moving too. I was wondering if you had anything in the way of money or barter. If not, I would be glad to help you get supplies. With the winnings from Sky, I have more then enough."

Hopefully she wouldn't take his offer of kindness as a slap in the face. Not many places took foreign currency. Common coins usually were exchanged in major cities, but not in small towns.
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:02 pm

Looking up to him, she shook her head, then took another bite from the meat in her hands. "No, it is quite alright. I find everything I need from the land, not shops or stores. If the world does not provide it, then I obviously don't need it." She took another few bites of meat before sitting back and rubbing her legs. They were a little cramped and sore from all the walking and hardly any resting, but she figured this was a good thing. She needed to get into better shape. Pulling her water pouch from her pack, she took a few small swigs before putting it away and having some more meat. Popping her shoulder a bit, she leaned back against her pack and casually ate. Every now and then it was good to get off her feet. Looking back over to Dax, she noticed how little he had taken to eat. Strange, he was too strange for her. She shook her head and went back to her meal.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:35 pm

That was unusual. But he had to remember that most elves that had never left their homelands before were like this. Even some city elves tried to live off the land as best they could. Sticking to one's nature was usually a good quality. But they were going to populated cities with customs and laws completely foreign to her. So it was best that he was with her for this.

"That is admirable. I wish most societies were like that. But unfortunately, where we are going, money is what makes the world go around. I have the money for us to travel and stay at an Inn once we get to Val'Dariah. And if need be, to get the information you need to find out who has attacked your home. Sad to say, money is the currency of the world."

He reached over and took another chunk of the rabbit, nibbling upon it this time, thinking. She was lucky to live so free and oblivious to the world. But walking into that world without him would have cost her a lot of grief. Thieves were clever in the cities, the back allies were dangerous to even the normal city crowd, let alone to visitors.

"I'll watch over you once we get to the city. I won't let anything bad happen to you. I promise."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

An ongoing mission
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Val'Dariah :: Places, Plains, and Cities :: Spine Mountains-
Jump to: